In outlook, tools > recover deleted items, assuming you have a deleted item
retention period on the server that is greater than zero days.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Stafford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 10:08 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Recovering Deleted Messages

Fortunately I have not had many restore problems so I am not up to speed on
the abilities of exchange to restore specific data.  A customer has Exchange
Server. A user has deleted (and emptied from his deleted items) a whole
series of e-mails which were very important. Is there any way to recover
those items.  They do not message journal and I am unaware of of any other
backups other than a full nightly backup of the exchange database.

Can I restore that information from Last Nights backup? is there another
mechanism in exchange that has a record of those messages.

Thanks

Dave