Be sure the recipient update service is running.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Duane Purcell
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 11:56 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange Address List/Active Directory query

I have a problem where there is a user in the exchange address list, but
I cannot find this user in Active Directory Users & Computers.  In
Exchange System Manager, I have previewed the "All Users" list and the
user shows up.  I have copied this ldap query into a Custom find & ADSI
Edit and the user is not displayed in either.

What could cause this?  I'm at a loss to where this info is stored.

I am trying to delete this user from the email lists because it is wrong
and it is stopping the creation of another because the email address is
already in use.

Environment:  15 Exchange 5.5 (SP4), 2 Exchange 2000 domains (SP2).
Servers are NT4/SP5, Windows 2000/SP2.