Dear All,

In our Exchange 5.5 network we have two messaging bridgehead servers set
up to act as each others backup. All company divisions are connected to
these servers with X400 connectors. The first half of the divisions have a
X400 connector connected to the first server with a cost level of 1 and
another X400 connector connected to the second server with a cost level of
100. The other half of the divisions (you guessed it right) has a X400
connector connected to the first server with a cost level of 100 and
another X400 connector connected to the second server with a cost level of
1.
When there are certain issues and a message can’t be delivered with the
use of the connector with the lowest cost, Exchange will try to pass the
message on to the second connector (this you all know of course). In case
of network problems, both connectors will be affected and messages will
start to bounce between the two connectors. Each time a message will be
transferred to the other connector, Exchange ads a bit of, so called,
internal trace information to the message. In the end, the size of the
message will exceed certain limits and this will result in the NDR listed
below:

Either the message size exceeds the maximum allowed for the recipient or
transport, or you have exceeded the storage limit on your mailbox.

Any suggestions how I can configure the X400 connectors to solve this
issue?

Many thanks in advance,

Olivier