From: Parrnelli GS11 Ben T [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 6:30 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Somewhat OT - Global Groups

Posted this in a newsgroup and got no response.  Thought I'd throw it
out here.

I know the mantra goes, "manage by groups, not individuals".  However, I
have a question that I'm hoping someone may have some thoughts on.

Say I create a group called "HRO Users" and put the entire section of 8
people in it.  Call them Users A through H.

I then create four shared folders on my file server and want to give
various HRO users access.  But not all of them in the HRO Users GG.

HRO Management - A, B, C, D
HRO Clerks - E, F, G, H
HRO IT - A, B, E
HRO Exchange - C, D, F

Is creating a GG for Each folder the proper/best way to give these
people
access?  I then have to have five GGs for 8 users.   A couple more
folders
and I'm up to a one to one ratio which doesn't seem logical to me.

Is there a better way?

To make this a little on-topic, I've read that you can manage your PFs
using DLs and the same concept.  Does anyone do this?  Seems like an
awful lot of DLs...

Thanks.

Ben Parrnelli
Network Administrator