Any SNMP /AV/ Other 3rd party services running?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:07 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Standard to Enterprise Edition Problem

I am trying to update an Exchange 5.5 SP4 standard edition server to 5.5
Enterprise Edition.  Per the KB, I am running setup and choosing
"Reinstall".  When it gets to the part about "updating services and
registry", I get the following error message:
"The command lodctr dsactrs.ini failed, returning an error code of <1815>.",
followed by "Processing file 'D:\server\setup\i386\server.ins' at or near
line 153.  An Internal component has failed...ID no: c103798a"

I dutifully looked this up in the KB.  It got quite a few hits, although
none of them matched my 1815 error code.  Basically they all said that there
was a problem installing the performance counters, and it revolved around
the files Perfc009.dat and Perfh009.dat and some registry entries.  I went
through all the different solutions, basically in the order that they seemed
most likely to help.  Unfortunately, none of them worked.  (I even tried the
unsupported fix that had to do with having installed from BackOffice CDs,
although I wasn't quite sure that it did anything. (it basically just
blinked.))

Suspecting that the problem was that something in SP4 was too recent for the
(apparently) non-SP Enterprise Edition CD to handle, I tried doing a
reinstall from the original BackOffice 4 CD.  I got the same error trying to
do that.

Additional Info: This server was the first server installed and there is
only 1 other Exchange Server.  If anyone has any suggestions or insight, I
would greatly appreciate it.

The information contained in this email message is privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify Veronis Suhler Stevenson by telephone (212)935-4990, fax (212)381-8168, or
email ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and delete the message.  Thank you.