Long shot, but...

Have had users with this or similar problems when running apps (SETI command line
comes to mind) which consmue 100% CPU at "normal" priority.

Not exactly sure why it happens [you can guess at my "advised solution" to this one
and the amount of time I haven't spent fixing it], but it would appear that something
to do with Outlook 2002 exit runs at sub-zero priority [only on some machines], and if
anything else is running at a higher priority the Outlook process effectively hangs
due to ?lack of CPU cycles.  If you close the other app, Outlook exits almost
immediately.

Doesn't happen with Outlook 2000.  Happens with Win 2000 and XP Pro as the OS.

Funny thing, though.  All complainants so far have been using Dell machines.  Surely a
coincidence?

All the best,

Andy

Creuna Danmark A/S