From: Ed Crowley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 27 June 2002 06:24
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Reported emails not available after STM recreation and
EDBcorruption

Restore from backup.

Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP kcCC+I
Tech Consultant
hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Sander Van
Butzelaar
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 11:49 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Reported emails not available after STM recreation and EDB
corruption

Good morning all

Exchange 2000 SP1. I had a corruption on one of my EDB files and had to
recreate the STM file. At the time it looked like no mail was lost, but
alas, this was not true. Outlook now still reports mail items that can't
be opened. Error: "Can not open this item" Checked Event logs - no
errors. I had a look at the Eseutil options and MDB Viewer. I really
hope that this is a database cleanup action, rather than an individual
mail item deletion. I checked the Archives, Microsoft Support site and
TechNet. I must say it's quite an art to get the keywords right to get a
meaningful search...:-)

My question is: How to get rid of those items in the EDB file. A
consistency check says the file is consistent. Any answers welcome, even
if you feel I must research more, that's great too, but plse point me in
the right direction.

Regards

Sander