Do you have a Cisco firewall with the command "fixup protocol smtp 25"
that's what killed me

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Stidley, Joel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, June 27, 2002 7:06 AM
To:     Exchange Discussions
Subject:        RE: Why would an email?

Are you doing any SMTP proxying or filtering on your firewall or are you
using a SMTP gateway product?  It sounds like the server sending you the
email is trying your first MX and then trying the second MX record and
it then goes through.

If this is a case (you can verify with the message headers) check your
first SMTP server to make sure that it isn't doing any SMTP based
filtering on that server.  You also may be able to turn up logging and
search for communication with the incoming server.

ssfhs.org       MX preference = 20, mail exchanger = relay1.iquest.net
ssfhs.org       MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = ais.smtp.ssfhs.org

Joel Stidley