From: M2web [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 6:07 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: One more time OWA setup problems

I asked this problem a couple of days ago but the answers did not help and I
notice that there are others in this list and several other lists with the
same exact problem but still no solution, so I am going to ask one more time
having done all the solotions been suggested to my post or posts similar to
it here and else-where:

 I have setup a test E2K server running with sp2 and all updates. The domain
consists of one forest with three subdomains. The forest is called
"corp.int.mydomain.com". The subdomain which I have installed the E2K server
is called "ca.corp.int.mydomain.com" .
I have also installed IM and it works fine. However using IE6 to goto
\\servername\exchange or \\IP address\exchange I get a popup to enter user
name password and domain like OWA Exch 5.5.
I checked M drive and and the first subdirectory shows corp.int.mydomain.com
so I added an SMTP email address as [EMAIL PROTECTED] (alias and
userids are all the same)

I have used the following entries in the popup authentication box:
username, password, ca.corp.int.mydomain.com
username, password, corp.int.mydomain.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED], password
[EMAIL PROTECTED], password, ca.corp.int.mydomain.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED], password, corp.int.mydomain.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED], password, pre-Win2k domain name

but I can not get the webpage to come up.
Any further help or points to any paper written on this (I did read Williams
suggestion on Front and Backend servers) will be appreciated.