Dear all,

we have a problem that has been going on for weeks.  We have one exchange
site with 5 servers, Ex5.5 sp4 plus patches, NT4  sp6 plus patches.  They
are all in one NT domain "abc".  They have to communication with a PDC in a
separate domain xyz for purposes of authentication as all users accounts are
in this separate domain.  It complains in event logs " cannot find domain
controller for xyz domain" error 5719.  We know this is a secure channel
problem then.
So we have trawled the knowledge base and done literally everything
suggested anywhere!  we have been down the path of nbstat, browstat and all
those reskit tools.  We found an article where we can run a reskit command
"setprfdc xyz <pdcname>  and this makes a secure channel to the appropriate
PDC.  Trouble is the exchange server doesn't stay talking to the PDC, it
drops out with 5719, we have to run setprfdc every hour or users cannot
access mail!!!  Could it be our abc domain controller?
We have support call open to microsoft who only suggest everything we have
tried and are generally dragging their heels.
We've ruled out all the network level stuff, switches NICs etc.
Help please, anything we haven't thought of.  Other servers in site (same
brand) are fine.
thanks
Vanessa
Network Manager