-----Mensaje original-----
De: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]En nombre de Jason Kane
Enviado el: miercoles, 14 de agosto de 2002 20:22
Para: Exchange Discussions
Asunto: RE: First installation, first problem

Manuel,

I assume you installed Exchange using the default administrator account,
in which case that address by default receives a mailbox.  To give the
other users within Active Directory mailboxes you can 'mailbox enable
them' by running the Users and Computers MMC (available from the
Administrator tools in the start menu) and right click the user accounts
you want to give a mailbox to (you can select multiple accounts at
once), and select exchange tasks, and create mailboxes.

Some things to be aware of when doing that

1. All mailboxes will be created within the default storage
group/database - realistically you may want to create multiple storage
groups or database and split the users out, purely for easier management
and faster backup/restore times.
2.  Do you really want to create brand new mailboxes for these users?
Should you not be migrating them from an earlier version of exchange?

I really suggest you read some of the excellent white papers (and
getting started guides) from Microsoft and play with the product in a
lab environment first before you start administering this system, in a
live environment mainly due to the fact that if your struggling at this
stage then you will struggle later down the line :-)

HTH

Jason