From: Jason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 6:23 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 5.5 SP4 DIR.EDB troubles

When trying to run the Directory Knowledge consistency checker the following
error is received:

An error was encountered by the knowledge consistency checker on server
'Bridgehead'. <<0xc1030b1e - The knowledge consistency check did not correct
directory inconsistencies. Be sure the directory service is running, and
then try again. If the error recurs, try stopping the directory service and
the Administrator program and then restarting them. To view details of the
error, see the application event log in the Windows NT Event Viewer on the
Microsoft Exchange Server computer on which you checked knowledge
consistency.>>

Stopping and restarting the Exchange 5.5 directory service (and all services
as well) does nothing.

Eseutil /p /ds was ran but the Directory Knowledge consistency checker fails
with the same error.

Tech net offers no solutions for Exchange 5.5 (all 5.0 and earlier) and all
'fixes' are service pack related which in this case is SP4.

We have a site that is unable to pull the directory down into it's directory
database, I believe that this failure is directly related to the site being
unable to have the directory sent to it. Any insight that others may have on
these errors would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jason Lamont
Network Consultant