I just posted this a couple of days ago, but here it is again. It labels
whatever tape is in the drive and does a backup to it.

Use the GUI to create the backup selection file "everything.bks". Obviously,
you want this file to include your Exchange information stores.

Change the "BNCHMARK DLT1 SCSI Sequential Device" to whatever the name of
your tape drive is. See Q267574.

This batch file needs grep, recode, and blat. Use your favorite search
engine.

rem *****************************************************************
rem *
rem * Perform fullback to whatever tape is in the drive and email
rem * report
rem *
rem * Ken Cornetet - 06/10/2002
rem *
rem * Revision History
rem *
rem * When        Who            What
rem * ---------------------------------------------------------------
rem * 06/10/2002  Ken Cornetet   Original Issue
rem * 06/24/2002  Ken Cornetet   Added RSM command per Q267574
rem *
rem *****************************************************************

set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
set SMTP=ntserver1
set NAME=FULL BACKUP %DATE% %TIME%

rem this is where NTBackup writes it's (unicode - blech) logs
set LOGS=%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
NT\NTBackup\data

c:
cd \backup

rem Delete any extranious log files
del "%LOGS%\backup*.log"

rem ************************************************************
rem * Have removable storage management look at tape in drive
rem * (See Q267574 for details)
rem ************************************************************

start /wait rsm refresh /lf"BNCHMARK DLT1 SCSI Sequential Device"
c:\bin\sleep 30

rem ************************************************************
rem * Do Backup
rem ************************************************************

start /wait ntbackup backup @c:\backup\everything.bks /M normal /J "%NAME%"
/P DLT /N "%NAME%" /l:s /HC:on /UM /D "%NAME%"

rem ************************************************************
rem * find newest (should be only) log file
rem ************************************************************

dir /s /b /o-d "%LOGS%\backup*.log" >c:\backup\backup.tmp
set /P FILE= <c:\backup\backup.tmp

rem ************************************************************
rem * Make ASCII version of log file
rem ************************************************************

c:\bin\recode -f unicode..us <"%FILE%" >log.txt

rem ************************************************************
rem * Append list of open files to the report
rem ************************************************************

echo **************** OPEN FILES ************************ >>log.txt
net file >>log.txt

rem ************************************************************
rem * Set subject for email
rem ************************************************************

set SUBJ=Backup ran OK
grep -v "Error: You do not have permission" > log1.txt
findstr /i error: log1.txt
if not ERRORLEVEL 1 set SUBJ=Backup ran - FAILED

rem * Send email

c:\bin\blat log.txt -t %RECIPIENT% -subject "%SUBJ%" -server %SMTP% -f
%RECIPIENT%

rem * Move log file to our directory

move /Y "%FILE%" c:\backup