From: Exchange.ListServe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thu 19/09/2002 10:02
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: *groan* PST Files

        Hi.

        Standard Version of EX5.5, SP4. 200+ users.

        We are looking at educating users in not storing everything in their email,
        but storing in either a .pst or .ost. Money is an issue, my company won't pay
        for us to upgrade to 5.5 Enterprise or Exchange 2K, so there's no option IMO
        other than educate the packrats, and set up an archiving solution.

        I've also read the arguments in the FAQ, but wonder what other folks in a
similar
        situation would do, with regard to archiving.

        Currently our priv.edb is 13.9 GB, while the pub.edb is 226MB, so would
archiving
        essential emails on Public folders be a reasonable idea?

        Some of our client handlers need to keep archives for some of our clients, in
case
        of compliance issues.

        Jon

        DISCLAIMER
        Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
        not necessarily the Company. This email and any files transmitted
        with it, including replies and forwarded copies (which may contain
        alterations) subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
        confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. It may
        contain material protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not
        the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the
        intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
        error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

        If you have received this email in error please notify the IT
        department by telephone on +44 (0)117 311 8555 or via email to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED], including a copy of this
message.
        Please then delete this email and destroy any copies of it.