I wonder my messages are going to the list ????

-----Original Message-----
From: Gagrani, Kishore
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 1:07 PM
To: 'Exchange Discussions'
Subject: Exchange 2000 : IM problem

Hi,

We have two boxes of Exchange 2k installed on Win2K . Both are domain controllers in
mixed mode with an NT 4 SP6a domain controller.

I installed Instant Messenger service on both the Exchange servers and installed IM
clients on all the client machines.

The problem is while it works fine for few of the users (i.e. they are able to send
and receive instant messages ) however there are other users on the same configuration
it doesn't work (i.e. they are not able to receive messages from others, though they
are able to send to those people who works fine) . Those who have problem for them
even the status of the other users doesn't change in their IM.

They are all able to log-in fine though.

I'm totally stuck now as I couldn't find any documentation on Microsoft's website.
PLEASE some one help me . Any direction towards technicality of Exchange IM will help
including directing me to some where I find some advance level technical information
on Exchange IM as to where it keeps the user's logged-in information and how the
server is routing messages .

I really will appreciate ANY HELP .......PLEASE

Thanks
With Regards,

Kishore Gagrani
Director- Information Technology