I have noticed on a few occasions that if mailbox alias = NT user ID, then POP3 works
fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ali Wilkes (IT) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 1:24 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: The dreaded POP3

exch5.5 sp4 with post hf's
client OE4

Company bought software, uses only pop3.  No way to change this now
(would that they would've talked to me BEFORE buying software that uses
pop3).

Made the mailbox.  Server and mailbox enabled for pop3.  Send mail, do
send-receive, message is not downloaded.

No errors in pop3.log or smtp.log.  Messages send fine.  Checked via
full client, messages are in inbox.

Any ideas on why they won't download?

(please suspend all comments about using mapi.  thanks.)

Ali