From: Blunt, James H (Jim) [mailto:jhblunt@;bhi-erc.com]
Sent: 21 October 2002 22:17
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Automated PF...

I think I have "slightly" different problem than I have seen here before:

1.  Exchange 5.5 SP4, running on a Win2k SP2 server, in an NT 4.0 domain.

2.  Created a PF for our internal users, so that they could drag and drop
their SPAM into, for further perusal by me, for blocking purposes.

3.  Wanted to be polite and let them know (after dragging and dropping an
item to the folder), that their contribution had been received.  I set up
the rule on the PF to fire off for every e-mail dragged into the folder.

4.  It has had one unfortunate side effect.  When dragging and dropping into
the folder, the rule looks at the "From..." address and fires off to that
address...exactly what I DON'T want it doing, because it fires off to the
spammer.  But as with most users, the process of copying and pasting
Internet Headers into a new e-mail and sending to this folder is too
difficult or time consuming for them.  :::sheesh!:::  And of course,
forwarding the e-mail to the PF wipes out all the Internet Header info.

So...

Q1:  I know this sounds stupid, but is there any way to get the rule to fire
off to the inbox of the person that is actually doing the dragging and
dropping?
Q2:  If not, does anyone know of a solution to my problem, short of "delete
and forget?"  I'd like to purchase a copy of SurfControl, but the $60k
pricetag was a little spendy for my boss, even at a government site.

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be
confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). Any
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender. The
views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of
Sony or Sony affiliated companies. Sony email is for business use only.

(04)