You could use a custom preview pane extension instead of the built in one.
As mentioned in the article, the use of vbscript is a non-factor in the
Outlook 2002 version of the preview pane. Or you could simply implement the
workaround mentioned in the article.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP MCSE
EMS Sales Engineer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288754

Is there a way around this issue?  I've looked around slipstick.com, but
can't see anything.  How have others dealt with this annoyance?

We don't use VBScript in our forms..

Thanks

-Warren