Hello

Having just been through an Exchange 5.5 -> 2000 migration, I need to ask
a few questions.

It was chosen to create an new Exchange 2000 organization and not reuse
the old Exchange 5.5. I don't know the reasons for this design decision -
I just had to do the task.

The way I did it was to install the Exchange 2000 organization (1 server,
1 site), configure all the required options, mail enable the users, and
finally migrate the user mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 with
the Migration Wizard.

Migration of the 15 GB mailboxes went smooth with the exception that
Migration Wizard forgot some items in about 10 mailboxes.

Now when the new Exchange system has gone into production we are
experiencing some very strange and pretty serious problems productivity
wise.

1. Users are experiencing problems in their Outlook 98 mail client (yes, I
know, not exactly latest technology). Everything from Outlook hanging for
minutes, to Outlook freezing totally. Lots of errors like "Object not
found" is given when opening items and using functionality in the Outlook
98 client. All users had new MAPI profiles created and the forms cache
emptied. Anybody on the list has suggestions to what I can do to debug
further on the problem?

2. Users can't reply to old messages migrated from the old 5.5 server. I
was told that Exchange 2000 would recalculate the old Distinguished Names
in the mail messages, but this has not happened, as the users are replying
to the old addresses from the 5.5 organization. Can I do anything to solve
this issue?

Are there any known issues in running Outlook 98 against an Exchange 2000
server that could cause my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Soren