From: JPC [mailto:jpciocon@;hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 8:10 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: VPN breaks Outlook

Hi, folks:

Mixed mode, currently migrating users from 5.5 to E2k.  Remote users have
Outlook 2002 on W2k Professional laptops and Alcatel PERMIT/Client.

These users connect via dial-up, they can access their mailboxes and
send/receive no problem.  When they use LinkSys router and DSL, they can
access our network, the internet and other network resources EXCEPT for
their mailboxes on the E2k server.  Synchronization failure messages are
related to "network problems preventing access to the Exchange server" or
the RPC message box "retrieving data from Exchange server".  These
eventually fail and nothing is exchanged between the client and their
server mailbox.

Has anyone seen this?  If so, what tips would you suggest?

Thanks very much.
-Juancho