>From Microsoft docs:

"For tracking purposes, you can send a copy of all nondelivery reports to
a specific e-mail address, such as the organization's postmaster account.
The e-mail address specified is also placed in the Reply-To field of the
nondelivery report. This allows users to respond to the error message and
potentially reach someone who can help resolve the problem.

If a nondelivery report can't be delivered to the sender, a copy of the
original message is placed in the "bad" mail directory. Messages placed in
the bad mail directory can't be delivered or returned. You can use the bad
mail directory to track potential abuse of your messaging system. By
default, the bad mail directory is located at
root:\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi#\BadMail, where root is the install drive for
Exchange Server and # is the number of the SMTP virtual server, such as
C:\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\BadMail. You can change the location of the bad
mail directory at any time, but you should never place the directory on
the M: drive, which is reserved for other types of Exchange Server data.

If you have another mail system in your organization that handles the same
mail as the SMTP virtual server, you may want to have the SMTP virtual
server forward unresolved recipients to this server. In this way, when
Exchange Server receives e-mail for a user it can't resolve, Exchange
Server forwards the e-mail to the other mail system, where the recipients
can be resolved. For example, if your organization has an Exchange server
and a Sendmail server, Exchange Server may receive mail intended for users
on the Sendmail server. When Exchange Server can't resolve these users,
it'll forward the mail to the Sendmail server.

Caution When forwarding is enabled, Exchange Server won't generate
nondelivery reports for unresolved mail. Because of this, you should make
sure that another mail system is able to send nondelivery reports if
necessary. You should also ensure that mail sent to your organization is
first delivered to Exchange Server and then forwarded as necessary.

You can configure these nondelivery options by completing the following
steps:

Start System Manager. If administrative groups are enabled, expand the
administrative group in which the server you want to use is located.
In the console tree, navigate to the Protocols container. Expand Servers,
expand the server you want to work with, and then expand Protocols.
In the console tree, expand SMTP. Right-click the virtual server that you
want to work with, and select Properties.
Click the Messages tab, as shown in Figure 13-9.
In Send A Copy Of Non-Delivery Report To, type the e-mail address of the
organization's postmaster account or other account that should receive a
copy of Non Delivery Reports (NDR).
In Badmail Directory, type the full path to the directory in which you
want to store bad mail. If you don't know the full path, click Browse, and
then use the Browse For Folder dialog box to find the folder you want to
use.
If you have another mail system in your organization that handles the same
mail as the SMTP virtual server, type the host name in Forward All Mail
With Unresolved Recipients To Host.
Click OK.
"