I'm preparing a design to migrate campus students from Sendmail to E2K.  One
of the clients objectives is to achieve like functionality for the following
task:

To search for specific messages by subject and/or sender and delete them.
The scenario being that Faculty or Network staff has sent out notices over
some time period and students have been away for an extended period and not
checked their mail.  These messages have accumulated and the Network staff
wants to remove these messages. Today this is performed on the Unix Host.

And yes, mailbox size warnings and limits will be implemented.

Can this same functionality be achieved on the Exchange Server without a 3rd
party tool?  I don't believe Mailbox Manager is a solution since it is based
on age limits.  My client does not want to delete unread messages older than
xx days arbitrarily.

Mark Fay

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.fay.com