Is the other server a GC also?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Aalberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:16 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: E2K stops getting mail when LDAP down

Hi All,
        been a while since I wrote the list.

 I have an issue with an E2K server (in a cluster).  When the main AD
controller goes down, the E2K server stops receiving email.  There are
two LDAP servers in the domain and both look to be configured correctly,
i.e., replicating, configured in DNS, etc....

Shouldn't E2K server realize the main LDAP server is down and try the
next? what am I missing.

thanks in advance.