From: Chris Scharff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 1:40 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: E2K migration

In order to install Exchange 2000 into an Exchange 5.5 org it needs to be
installed into an existing Exchange 5.5 site. And as you've already
determined, in order to install into an Exchange 5.5 site, an ADC needs to
be installed. Begin at any point along this circle, and in the end you'll
wind up where you started. And ultimately, even if one could install
Exchange into its own site, there's no theoretical reason I can come upon
with which would eliminate the need for an ADC.

What in your migration planning has made elimination of the ADC an object of
consideration?