From: Smith, Ronni [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 10:53 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Absolute file protection

Use public folders with permissions set so that only the approved users can
access the folders and only the service account can change access? Use a
separate server to host these public folders and use a different account for
the service account than any other account on your network giving the
password only to one of the approved users. Get a separate backup program
(and tape drive) for it and make one of the users who is supposed to have
access responsible for keeping the media changed and locked up. Get ready to
find a new job when something goes wrong and none of these super important
documents can be accessed again.

This still doesn't stop your users from copying the files to somewhere else
either. And still leaves you vulnerable to physical access issues although
you can probably set a bios password on the server to prevent boot from
floppy or cd and again only give the password to the trusted user. Or lock
it in a cage with some form of lock only the trusted users can open.

Ronni

My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!