Id run DNS manager from the child DC and see if it has a record of the services that
the exchange server should be advertising

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 9:15 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Add users to a child domain

This may be a very newbie question and/or I may get flamed but I've just
about run out of patience and resources to figure out why this doesn't work.

I'm having an issue trying to add users to the E2K server from the child
domain, when I create the user, I don't get the option to create a mailbox
but rather do it manually using exchange tasks.
It finds the exchange server but not the information store.

Set-up:
W2K Root domain xyz.com
E2K is a member server in the root
W2K server that is a child domain users.xyz.com
Forest prep was run on the Root domain
domain prep was run on the child domain

Situation :
When we attempt to create the mailbox for the users in the child domain, it
correctly identifies the E2K server,
however it does not show me a information store.
Creating a user in the root domain allows me to create the mailbox has I
create the user , not additional steps required.