From: Imran Iqbal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 December 2002 03:02
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Odd ScanMail behaviour

I am currently in the process of evaluating Trend ScanMail v6 for
Exchange
2000 and have hit an interesting problem.  Basically I am not receiving
any notification messages when I send a test virus.  The email just sits
in the users outbox and the virus is stripped and replaced with a text
file.  I would much prefer that the message doesn't sit in the Outbox
but
is instead returned to the sender with a notification that he sent a
virus.  I am not sure if ScanMail works like this by design or I am
doing
something wrong.

I have enabled Mail to the ScanMail Administrator, Recipient & Sender in
the Virus Scan area of the notification tab.  Everything else about the
product is working fine.

Please Help

Imran Iqbal