Ok, here is the situation. I'm assigned to a project regarding Internet
Security and I've been pushed into a corner and need some help.

How are most people deploying ISA Server within their company? Are they
adding it as a member of their AD domain or making it stand alone?

Let me explain why I'm asking. Our company is looking at doing a more secure
DMZ. For my part of the project I need to present a way to continue to allow
access to our Exchange services to outside users, for this example, we'll
say just SMTP and OWA.

Ok, here is the catch. Even though we already have a checkpoint firewall in
place on the outside border of the DMZ they feel that we should add another
firewall on the inside border and put ISA between them as a stand alone box.
While this will work, it's not exactly the best in my opinion.

This is what I'm proposing but I need ammo to back it up. I'm telling them
leave the Checkpoint where it is and use the ISA server as the inside border
firewall and allow it to be a member of the AD domain. Put the web servers
in the DMZ (their decision not mine) and allow me to publish my Exchange
services with ISA to the outside world. Granted, even though this will all
still be behind the checkpoint firewall, they don't like it. They want a
completely disconnected DMZ. I've tried explaining the ins and outs about
how ISA will do just fine and block everything the way it should and how we
can do packet content level filtering but I'm still getting the "you're
wrong and stupid" looks from them.

Can somebody point me in the right direction for GOOD technical or political
ammo to back up what I've recommended. Or am I whistling in the wind????

TIA,
Howard