"I came across your address on the net"??? Are you in sales or what? You
either subscribe to this list or you don't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Schotanus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 December 2002 02:13
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Very OT - txt handling

Hi there,

I came across your address on the net, and I would like to ask you a
quick programming question.  Could you point me out to a sort of code
that can count the number of characters and lines in a txt file and
transfer that to exell or access?

I have the following example (txt)

45 14:53:52 ENTRANCE ARTS (2) ACCESS GRANTED KIM SCHOTANUS (16788937)
46 15:14:52 EXIT ARTS GRANTED
47 16:00:48 ENTRANCE ARTS (2) ACCESS GRANTED PROCOPIO ALB (07723137)
48 16:52:24 EXIT ARTS (3) ACCESS GRANTED BECKERS PAUL (04906723)

In this example the first line is the line number, that is reset to 00
after 99, then there is the time, the action performed -ENTRANCE ARTS
(2) ACCESS GRANTED- and the name and permission code.
Line 46 is a special command, this is when someone overrides the system
(which happens quite often)

after each 20 lines there is a blank line and then a line with the date

The idea is to find/create a little code that pushes the data in this
txt file to exell on a daily basis.

Do you know of any code that could do this?