I am wondering if you have the same problem I am experiencing.

Are you using Exchange 5.5?

For the past 3 weeks, my IMC has been going down (port 25 down) every
morning around 4am.  In the out box, I'll always find about 10 or so SPAM
messages.  Most of the time I can stop / start IMC and port 25 will come
back alive, however, occasionally the stop / start method doesn't work.  I
have found it necessary to clear out the SPAM first.

Anyone else experience this.  Previously, this problem would occur about
once in every five months but now it's every single day!!

Shawn

P.S. You can stop and start IMC in a batch file with the following command:
net stop MSExchangeIMC
net start MSExchangeIMC

Shawn Connelly, Network Engineer.  Dipix Technologies Inc.
613-596-4942 x177  or dial extension 0 to page me.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
We are market leaders in 2D/3D digital vision systems for inspection of fast
moving products. See our web page at: www.dipix.com.
General sales inquires: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For microscopic image analysis see www.maztech.com!