From: Tom Meunier [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 9:58 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: OL XP - requesting data from server

1.  Apply latest service pack
2.  Lock down all your NICs' speed and duplex settings, as well as the
hub.  Server and workstations, please.
3.  The thing that fixed it once and for all, for me, was the Office XP
Accessibility Update thingy.  This should be rolled into OfficeXP SP2.
4.  Does this happen when the user accesses the root of a public folder
tree, with 12 bazillion public folders at that level?  Decrease that.
5.  RPC binding order on the client.  (I don't believe this should be
necessary, but "couldn't hoit.")
6.  DNS, DNS, DNS.

Your final question, "What is wrong...?" is interesting.  Before,
Outlook would just hang.  Now it tells you it's hanging.  The difference
is somebody staring at you slack-jawed, and someone saying "gimme a
minute to think..."