I have had this error when trying to create an additional SRS on a server
that had had one previously.  Is this what is happening in your case?  It
was during a call I had logged with Microsoft PSS.  They looked up their
version of the article (255703) and the engineers original notes but could
offer no further information.

I can't remember off-hand how we got round the issue but if you called PSS
I would hope they do not charge you since it is their article that is at
fault and not your interpretation.  I'll ask my colleagues and if someone
remembers what we did (other than installing an SRS on a different server)
I'll let you know.

rgrds

Mark