hp Services

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Cooke, Brian
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 1:03 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Access to Exchange Server

I have a problem with access to our Exchange server. We are using
Exchange 5.5 and have just migrated from NT 4.0 to Win2K Advanced
server. The old server was also the PDC and it still is. Recently I
realized that anyone with Outlook and internet access can access the
server as long as they know the name or IP adress of the server, can
authenticate to our PDC, and there is a mailbox for that user. This did
not happen with our old server. We use a PIX 520 firewall so I contacted
Cisco and they seem to think our firewall config is correct. Both the
PDC and the Exchange server have external IP addresses and there is an
mx record for the Exchange server. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Brian