We're back to this again...My testing followed this path:

Since I don't have the problem on my PC with OLXP but my boss has the
problem on his PC, also using OLXP I:

Logged on my PC as him and setup his outlook profile
Tested a message sent from himself, to himself
The new message appeared instantly.

I logged into his PC with my account and setup my outlook profile
Tested a message sent from myself, to myself
Message appeared to sit in the outbox until I clicked another folder.

Both PC's are plugged into ports right beside eachother on the same
patch pannel and into the same switch.

I swapped ports and tested again:

My testing produced the same results.  So, my question now becomes, does
this sound like a software configuration issue?  Since my testing
concluded that regardless of which port my machine was plugged into,
notifications worked flawlessly, I now don't buy that this is a UDP
starvation issue despite understanding that polling works through UDP,
unless it's happening at the nic on the PC.

Again, both PC's are indentical in hardware and the OS and OLXP were
applied from the same image.  Both have the XP firewall piece disabled
as well.