We found out about the drivers as well. The backup was taking up to two
hours for a full dump of the stores.  After updating the drives, we went
down to 20 minutes or so.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Matteson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 5:19 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Backup onto LTO and compression question.

It depends on other factors as well, the number and sizes of your
tracking logs, the number of transaction logs on the server, are you
indexing your message stores

I'm currently backing up 164 Gbytes of data, that's a public folder
store, three message stores in one storage group, tracking logs,
transaction logs, indexes, etc. on one LTO-1 tape.

Be advised, you may need to update the drivers on the PERC card and the
SCSI card connecting the LTO tape unit in order to get decent
performance out of it. The default Win2K drivers for the SCSI cards have
a bug in them.

John Matteson
Geac Corporate ISS
(404) 239 - 2981