Correct. Think about it - POP3 and IMAP4 are mail RETREIVAL protocols. They
don't deal with sending mail, just receiving. For sending, you need to use
SMTP. SMTP doesn't care about mailbox limits for send - nor should it.
That's not the use for which it was designed.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA