Of course you can. But there's a finite chance greater than zero that you
will snapshot the database and logs when the combination is in an
inconsistent state. At which point it is not a lossless backup/restore
process.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA