My CIO would like Internet Messaging (more correctly Intranet Messaging)
setup.  When I did a test install in our lab environment I got a number
of file copy errors when installing the service on an Exchange 2000 SP3
server.  I am assuming that the errors are a result of SP3 being
installed.  I have read the white paper on installing it and looked
through the knowledge base for more information with no luck.

We had to blow away the Exchange 2000 server in the lab for another
project so I am unable to test further.  I have a number of questions
for anybody that has experience with this. Has anybody done this?
Should I leave the newer files? Or should overwrite the files then
re-install SP3?  Can you install Instant Messaging from the SP3 CD?

Luckily, I have a production Exchange 2000 server with no mailboxes or
public folders on it so I will be able to perform reboots if necessary.
I was hoping somebody has some experience with this so I can do it right
the first time.

Thanks,

-Matt

Matthew Bailey