For the last few weeks I have been plagued by what I had originally
considered to be spam attacks. These were showing up as NDR's which I have
forwarded to my own mailbox for review. They were always some nonexistent
random alphanumeric user i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> . This morning I had over one hundred of them
so decided to investigate further and see if there was way to screen them
out.

As it turns out, these are not emails being sent to me, but rather someone
is spamming using these random alphanumeric in the From field and the NDR's
are coming back to me from whoever is in the To field.

I re-tested my own exchange server to ensure that they were not relaying of
the Exchange server. I then telneted to my personal attbi.com mail server
and sent and email as a nonexistent user in my domain to a bogus mail
address. The attbi.com server promptly sent back and NDR to my domain.

I concerned about any implications of getting on any RBL lists. I guess I
would equate this to identity theft but have no how to address this serious
issue.

Thanks
-Dave Vantine