You really need better consultants... There are a number of possible
solutions in and around the question you've posed including MSCS and
GeoClusters. A listing of some additional solutions in this space is
available at www.mail-resources.com in the web links  | server | high
availability portion of the site.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange