From: Chris tanner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 February 2003 16:17
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Adding a Contact via Visual Basic

Hello All,

I am trying to write a VB 6 program to add a entry to the contacts folder.
The program will add the entry correctly complete with the address, but
the entry will not appear in the Outlook address book until I open it and
save it. What am I doing wrong.

The Exchange server is vs. 5.5. Running Outlook 2000 (and Outlook 2002).
The code creates a message with type IPM.Contact in the Contacts folders.
Can an entry be added directly into the Outlook Address book address list?

Regards,

Chris

Chris Tanner
AECL