Maybe he has enabled the built in XP (software) firewall and that is
interfering??

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Tener, Richard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 11:48 AM
To: Exchange Discussions

Hello,

        I have problem with a user that is using vpn connection to read his
email off our server.  He can log into the vpn and access his email but when
he tries to send he recieves the following message:

Microsoft Outlook
Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer.

The wierd thing is when I set him up here at my office it worked fine also
it worked on his cable  modem at home.  Then when he went to his new office
with a new dsl line he started to recieve this message.  I looked up the
error on google and one suggestion was to remove TCP/IP and add it again.
This worked for about 5 hours and the next day he came to the office the
same error popped up.  I thought the problem might be the dsl line so I had
him troubleshoot it with his service provider.  They recommended that he
upgrade his service to a faster speed.  I didnt think this was the issue so
I told him to test it out on another internet connection and he did and got
the same error.  I have about 25 users that connect to vpn and access their
email and he is the only one having the problem.  He uses windows xp pro and
he is trying to connect to exchange server 5.5 sp4 on windows nt 4.0 sp6.

Thanks
Richard Tener