I'd swing to 5.5 and then swing back to an upgraded E2K server. No hard
reason why, just feels better all other things being equal.

On 2/13/03 13:17, "Joe Pochedley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At the very beginning of the year I finally managed to install Win2k and AD
into our environment (more management concerns than technical stopped me in
the past)...  Everything with that upgrade went pretty smoothly...

Now it's time to upgrade our Exch 5.5 SP4 server to Exchange 2K...  When all

is said and done, we want to have Exch 2K running on the same hardware that
our present Exch 5.5 install.  Instead of doing a direct upgrade, I'm under
the impression that doing a swing / swing back style upgrade would be better

as I need to upgrade HD space on the server in the process... I have a
temporary machine that should be able to handle the load as the swing server

for a week or two while I rebuild the present Exch box...  Since the
temporary machine is really only a workstation with 1Gb RAM and an IDE RAID,

and is normally only part of my test environment, I don't want to leave Exch

on it permanently....

Unless someone can tell me why this approach is a bad idea the question I
have is this:  Should I make the temporary swing server an Exch 5.5 server
or go ahead and make the move to Exchange 2000 on the swing machine?  I'm
looking for pro's and cons of either method.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Joe Pochedley
If you have time to do it twice,
you had time to do it right in