Try scanpst.exe utility and run on the pst file
also see if the pst is beyond 2gb if it is u need one more utility
if u are coming the pst from cdrom remove the read only attribute

-----Original Message-----
From: Cooke, Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 2:48 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook 2000 and .PST problem

All,
I am having a problem with a user's PST file here in the office.   He got a
new PC and we were transferring over data however when I went to transfer
his PST file the file size remains the same but there is no folder list and
I can't seem to find any items in the view.   Everything with the transfer
runs smoothly and there seems to be no problem until we try to access the
data.   Does any one have any thoughts as to what the problem might be.  We
are running Exchange 5.5 on Win2K server.  The client is Outlook 2000 on XP.
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Regards,
Brian Cooke

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company