Hi all,

I am looking for a way to export Rules in Outlook.

I need to amend a rule on a particular mailbox hosted on an Exchange 5.5 SP4 Server.
When I open Rules Wizard (with Outlook 2000 SR-1), I am prompted to make a selection
between keeping the Client or Server rules on the machine (Q287640).  Since I did not
set up this mailbox, I do not know what rules have been created, and am apprehensive
about losing rules I do not know about.

It is an administrative mailbox with a rule to email reports to particular recipients,
and therefore I suspect that I should select to keep the Server-side rules (I
understand that Client-side rules require the client to be running).

Articles I have seen that suggest using the Rules Wizard Export feature do not help,
as I cannot get past the select Server / Client prompt to use the Export feature.
This is the case in Outlook 2000 and 2002.

I attempted to use EXMERGE to try and get the messages and rules out to PST, but saw
no rules in the exported version.  (Have also seen many articles discussing the
dubious nature of this feature.)

Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Sakti