No need to take offline. Exmerge requires that the IS store be started anyhow.

From: "Pillai, Raj" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Reply-To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Exmerge? Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:34:50 -0600

I have to use the exmerge utility to create PST files of mailboxes for
about 3 users who are leaving the firm. Their mailbox sizes are really
huge (about 1GB each). I have never had the opportunity to use Exmerge,
so I want to get an idea. Can this be done online or do I need to take
the Exchange Server offline to do this? I know it affects the SIS, will
it really increase my database size drastically? I only have 4GB of
space left on a 36Gb partition where the Information store resides. Will
this retain the folder tree structure for OL client.
If it requires exchange downtime, I'd rather export to PST files using
the Outlook client.

Thanks for all your input

Raj

This e-mail message, including any attachments, contains information that is
confidential, may be protected by the attorney/client or other applicable
privileges, and may constitute non-public information. This message is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, do not read it; please immediately
notify the sender that you have received this message in error and delete this
message.Unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, reproduction
of this message or the information contained in this message or the taking of
any action in reliance on it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Thank you for your cooperation.