Thanks for the answers.  Could you please elaborate on them?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Hlabse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 1:25 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: Migration of Exchange 2003

Depends

Yes

Maybe

From: Mitchell Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Migration of Exchange 2003
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:18:29 -0500

Good afternoon,

We are in the midst of budgeting for the year 2004.  Active Directory is a
Security Team directive and if they get their piece done, we will be able to
migrate to Exchange 2003.

Currently we are using Outlook 98 and Exchange 5.5.

We have 4500 mailboxes and will probably grow to 5000 by mid-2004 when we
are looking at to convert.

How intense is Active Directory from the Security Team's view-point? We are
using Novell and NT 4.0. There are approximately 12000 accounts to be
converted to AD.

Once their piece is in place and our upgrade and migration from Exchange 5.5
to Exchange 2003 starts, how long will it take us to convert these 5000
users.  Are their tools out there to help with the migration? Are there
things that a eMAIL Administrator has to do for AD? To we have to touch each
mailbox and replace distribution lists?

I know these plans are a long way down the road, but I want to be positioned
to get there with great success. I would really appreciate hearing your
struggles from exchange (any flavor) to active directory.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Mike Mitchell
Systems email Administrator
Alverno Information Services
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*:(317) 783-9341 EXT. 6211

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments
that take our breath away."