This was in the last MSD2D and might help

"What to do if OWA Users Can't Logoff"

One of our clients called recently to seek our help with a troubling
problem: The OWA logoff button was prompting their users for their
credentials and failing to log them off of OWA.

The problem was first reported by the Senior Vice President of Business
Development. She was at a meeting with a key business partner when she
decided to use one of their computers to check her email via OWA.
However, when she attempted to logoff from OWA using the logoff shortcut
she was prompted to re-enter her login credentials. Thinking she was now
off, she left the station! The severity of the problem was compounded by
the fact that the purpose of the meeting was to discuss a possible
merger, and her email account contained many sensitive messages related
to the merger.

Problem:
Unexpected prompts can cause users to become confused or frustrated and
inadvertently create a security risk. This problem occurs when the IIS
Directory Security is improperly configured with authentication settings
that do not match. When this happens, users will be prompted for
credentials unexpectedly. These unexpected prompts can happen in a
variety of circumstances, such as the case of a user who is trying to
logoff.

Solution:
OWA needs access to the virtual directories with one credential (single
sign-on). In the case where OWA is running on a front-end server,
successful user logoff requires the disabling of Integrated Windows
Authentication on the "<server>/Default Web Site/Exchweb/bin" Virtual
Directory.

For all OWA servers, Front-End or otherwise, the authentication settings
for the following three virtual directories must be configured
identically:
  <server>/Default Web Site/Exchange
  <server>/Default Web Site/Public
  <server>/Default Web Site/Exchweb/bin

Click http://www.messageware.com/owatips/ for a free step-by-step guide
on configuring virtual directories and other useful OWA TIPS.