I have a 5.5 server whos drive c is toast. Tried getting it to boot, tried a
repair but it looks like the controller is the culprit. The server is
running NT 4.0 with sp 6a.

I have tried reviving the server but no luck. I have a full backup of
exchange and I need to get this restored onto a new server. The problem is
that when I try to install exchange to the new server (which now has the
name and IP of the old server) the install tells me that the server already
exists in the site (attempted joining the existing site) OF COURSE! Anyway
are there any suggestions on getting the old server exchange backup restored
to the new server?

Thanks Loads!

Warren