-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ronk
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 6:58 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Exchange 2000 in a 2003 Server forest

All I have a question about the installation of a windows 2000 server that
will be my new exchange server in a Windows 2003 forest. Before I do a
dcpromo on this box to join it to the 2003 forest and domain do I need to
run any ADprep tools so that the schema and all is updated to the new 2003
schema ? Or can I just do a dcpromo and let the server take its course. I
know I have to do forestprep when I install exchange but am not sure if I
need to prepare the 2000 server before I bring it into AD. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks In Advance Ronk